Hi there,
For those of you wondering what's up with the job interview we had almost 4 weeks ago...well, we're still waiting to hear. We did get a phone call last week explaining the wait, there has been a transition in leadership, with the person who led the interviews moving up to a new position and someone new taking the HR position. So we were told that it would take another week or so. What an exercise in patience and self control this has been. The temptation to disconnect right after the interview was at first very strong. There was such a strong sense that this could be it that it took a lot to stay focused on what God has us doing here. We weren't sure what to do at all for the first few weeks. It's amazing what kind of issues something like this can bring to the surface! All of a sudden the reality of what moving meant came rushing in like a flood (we saw that we would actually have to leave all of those we love, our church, our friends, the lives we've built for ourselves here.) we really had to ask ourselves if we trusted God enough to actually go through with it. It was a big issue, at least for me! I all of a sudden was feeling like it might just be asking too much, I just wasn't sure anymore if I could really go. Bringing this to God, I realized that it was really an issue of trusting God's heart for me. I saw, again, that I needed to hand it all over to Him, and decide who I wanted to follow, myself or God. With a lot of tears, and much repentance I was able to look back and see how faithful He has always been to me, and acknowledge that the only place I could really be safe, was the place He was calling me too. So here I am again, saying, like the song..."If you lead me Lord, I will follow..." Knowing that He is God, and He is good, and that I can trust Him with my life.
Blessings,
SC
Monday, February 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment