As per our previous post, we're back in Cambridge. We arrived on Thursday evening to an awesome dinner and the welcome of great friends. We are staying at Tina and Jeff Brown's place, and when we arrived, Tina, Julie and Tim were there to welcome us and make us feel right at home (Jeff is out of town right now). The girls literally ran to the house as soon as the van stopped in the driveway, they just couldn't wait to see everyone. We are amazed at the way that we have been received here...we have such an awesome place to call home, Jeff and Tina have really gone out of their way to make us a home here and so many friends have helped to welcome us home. We are so blessed!
I'm still trying to recover from the pneumonia that hit me in Iqaluit. I went to the doctor's here in Ontario this week and was told that I would need at least a month or two to recover, and that I needed to postpone going back to work as long as possible...I'm feeling weaker than I have ever felt...I'm actually feeling frail!!! I went for a job interview yesterday for a job starting in April; it lasted 1/2 hour and by the time I came out I was literally trembling and had a hard time walking to my van! I am comforted by the Lord's word, knowing that when I am weak, He is strong.
On another note, Dan had his welding tests yesterday to re-certify and he passed all 4 of them! Yay Dan!!! I knew you would do it honey!!! The girls are going to be starting school on Monday and they are looking forward to it. They're just tickled pink to be here, in fact Julia woke Tina up this morning by jumping into bed with her to "snuggle"!!! (remember those days Julie?)
All in all, it's good to be back, we're really tired , but I think it's good cause it's forcing us to breathe a little and take it easy...something I know that we need to do!
Blessings,
Simone
Saturday, February 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We love you all so much!! We are so excited that you are home and happy and safe. Way to go Dan!! Congrats on all your welding tickets. Simone we hope you are feeling well and strong again soon. So thrilled that the girls are happy to be home! We hope you both have a wonderful day at school on Monday!
Love, Will, Jenn, Liam and Bryce
Hey Guys! I'm glad that your back home, safe and sound too. Now you can finally take time to relax and do nothing :)
Anyway, if your interested my blog is www.behindherbrowneyes.blogspot.com
- Bye
Post a Comment