Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Simplicity 2981 - A New Dress for Momma


As soon as I saw this pattern on ebay I had to have it! I love this dress! Now hopefully I'm able to sew it so that it looks as good as the picture! I had mentioned that I found some reddish-pink silk polyester at the thrift store the other day. I'm going to try to make the dress out of that. I'm pretty excited and a little daunted by the task - the project calls for over 7 meters of fabric! I've never made anything that takes that much fabric - that's a lot of sewing! I'm banking on the fact that it will help me learn some new techniques as well as give me a dress to wear for the holidays. I'll do my best to share the progress with you! Have a great day!
Simone

3 comments:

Unknown said...

looks angelic, this pattern of yours! can't wait to see your progress!

Shelley said...

very nice pattern! it doesn't look too hard...

I used to love to sew - before kids and husband and responsibilities...

what kind of fabric are you going for?

Shelley said...

nice pattern Simone! It doesn't look too hard...

what kind of fabric are you looking for?

I used to love to sew - a long time ago - pre-marriage and pre-kids...