Here are some of the things that are going on as we are entering the home stretch...our last week before we leave;
1. Good news - The tickets are in!!! Thank God, you have no idea how slow the mail is and how many problems any normally reliable courier service runs into around here, so I was pretty nervous, wondering if the plane tickets would get here in time, as this airline doesn't do e-tickets. But thankfully they arrived today! God bless FedEx!
2. Bad news - it's official, I have full blown pneumonia, as per the physician who saw me "it's a whopper". I feel really horrible, but I've been told that I should be better soon...thank God for antibiotics! I guess having fevers everyday for 3 weeks, living off of Advil, loosing all appetite and being unable to breathe is not just a bad cold and I should have been in to see someone a long time ago...but I have things to do...who has time to be sick? (of course I wouldn't be sick anymore IF I had gone to the doctor's 3 weeks ago...hmph!!!)
3. We're going to be home soon...I know that this is evident, but soon is really soon-soon and I'm getting rather anxious to reach the finish line on this one folks...I truly feel like I've been on a very long journey and am barely able to put one foot in front of the other anymore. I need my friends, I need my home church, I need a hug is what I need! So I'll continue to put one foot in front of the other, as that's the only way I'll be able to get home...but this whole finishing the race thing is hard! I just want someone to come and pick me up and carry me the rest of the way...or rather, lets just go right now...(I know, very 6 year oldish of me, but that's exactly where I am right about now!)
So all of this to say that I thank you all for your prayers this week...I desperately need them. I thank God for all of you, cause I know that I haven't done this alone, I have had not just my family here, and our church here, and our church in Cambridge and God, but also all of you individually, who have been so faithful, and who have been as much a part of this journey as we have...bless you, thank you, I love you.
Blessings,
Simone
Friday, January 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
praying for yous.
It seems so long ago that you left but now (though for you it seems slow now) it is coming up really quickly. I am so excited about you returning!!!!!! Umm, comment on the person who said you were going to bring the flame down south... kinda gives another meaning to Northern Lights eh?! I hope you have let them know way up there that we are truely blessed to be part of the kingdom with them. And thank them for taking care of you for us. God is great eh?!
Suz
Post a Comment