Hi Everyone,
Sorry its been so long since I've posted, I've been adjusting to life with work again and the kids being in school. So here we go with the updates;
Julia is doing well in school. She is liking grade one, even though she thought it was going to be much harder than it is and is a little disapointed that it isn't a little more challenging. It was her birthday on September 7th and we celebrated with cake and a few friends. She got some toys and an outfit and a bit of money to spend on whatever she wants. She did pretty well I think.
Elisabeth is flourishing in school, she's got tons of friends and is blending in quite nicely! Her fiddle arrived in the mail this week, so now we've got to get her lessons started. She's really looking forward to that...though I'm pretty sure our neighbours aren't!
The mass registration for recreational activities was this weekend, so the girls got signed up for gymnastics and skating. We wanted to get them into swimming, but people were lined up hours before opening to get into it, so they didn't get in. Julia wanted to get into Karate...but I'm not sure I'm ready for her to do that yet. Maybe when she's a little older and more able to control her emotions!
Dan and I are well. I'm getting into the swing of things with work. I'm working in the retail store, stocking shelves, arranging displays, serving customers and general stuff like that. It's been a while since I've done anything like this, but its all coming back to me! Dan is doing alright, he had this weekend off and went hunting with James and Dennis another friend, they didn't get anything, but really enjoyed being outdoors for the day. Looee and I took the kids public swimming and out for lunch and had lots of fun.
James has asked Dan to start a men's ministry at the church, so he's looking forward to that, and I've been asked to do some teaching, we're still looking over the materials to see what we're going to do. I know for sure I'll have to get used to teaching with a translator, which will force me to change my teaching style a bit, but I'm sure it will just help me to streamline what I say which is never a bad thing! We are looking forward to a regional leadership conference in October. This is specifically to build up and minister to the pastors and lay leaders in the churches, it should be a great time of growth and healing for everyone. Please pray for this!
That's about it for now!
Blessings,
Simone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I see it's your turn to get the blog spam... My cousin Sheri was getting tons of it, there's a setting you can change that can help stop it-on the dashboard there's a word verification option or something like that. Anyway, I'm glad that the girls are liking school and are getting involved in extracurricular stuff :) Good decision on the karate thing too... lol. Thanks for the chat last night too, it was so good. I'm going to read your next entry now :) I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Post a Comment